Until Covid-19 restrictions are fully lifted none of our communal facilities i.e. shower block and toilets, laundry, pot wash and bothy will be available for use. We will only be able to offer the following;
Electric hook up
Waste water points
Chemical waste disposal point
Motorhome service point
We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
Nestled on the edge of the Galloway Forest Park and the UK's first Dark Sky Park, Glentrool Camping and Caravan Site is a quiet and remote site which has been established for around 30 years.
What's here at your Expedition Base Camp:
- 14 extra large, individual, hardstanding touring pitches – all with electric hook-up.
- Informal tent area with 8 electric hook-ups available (N.B. No vehicles are permitted on the tent area).
- Small basic shop on site. Open 9-10.30am and 1-6pm daily.
- Motor home service point.
- Bike, boot and dog wash point.
- Showers and hot water included in pitch fee.
- No extra charge for awnings or dogs.
- Laundry facilities.
- Our own (very popular) Bothy - basically a summer cabin for people to use, but not for overnight accommodation.
- kettle, microwave and fridge/freezer in the bothy.
- House o' Hill Hotel and excellent restaurant only 8 minutes' walk from the site.
- Glentrool Visitor Centre and Cafe within 1.5 miles.
- Dog walk area on site.
- All facilities recently installed or refurbished.
- Two static caravans available for hire.
- Free WiFi (The WiFi signal is only suitable for general browsing and emails, and is not strong enough for streaming, gaming or catch up TV etc).
- We're on a septic tank so please use organic or green chemical toilet fluid.
What's not here...
- TV reception - unless you have a satellite dish.
- We do not have a children's play area nor anywhere suitable for ball games.
This is a dog friendly site, but please be considerate and keep your dog on a lead whilst on site and clear up your dog's mess (we provide doggy poo bags free of charge).