Nestled on the edge of the Galloway Forest Park and the UK's first Dark Sky Park, Glentrool Camping and Caravan Site is a quiet and remote site which has been established for around 30 years.
What's here at your Expedition Base Camp:
- Informal tent area with 8 electric hook-ups available (N.B. No vehicles are permitted on the tent area).
- Small shop on site. Open 9am-8pm daily.
- Motor home service point.
- Bike, boot and dog wash point.
- Showers and hot water included in pitch fee.
- No extra charge for awnings
- Laundry facilities.
- Our own (very popular) Bothy - basically a summer cabin for people to use, but not for overnight accommodation.
- kettle, microwave and fridge/freezer in the bothy.
- House o' Hill Hotel and excellent restaurant only 8 minutes' walk from the site.
- Glentrool Visitor Centre and Cafe within 1.5 miles.
- Dog walk area on site.
- All facilities recently installed or refurbished.
- Three static caravans available for hire (Standard, Premium, Luxury).
- Free WiFi (The WiFi signal is only suitable for general browsing and emails, and is not strong enough for streaming, gaming or catch up TV etc).
- We're on a septic tank so please use organic or green chemical toilet fluid.
What's not here...
- TV reception - unless you have a satellite dish.
This is a dog friendly site, but please be considerate and keep your dog on a lead whilst on site and clear up your dog's mess (we provide doggy poo bags free of charge).